WANT TO JOIN OUR SQUAD?
Role and Responsibilities
Be part of a fresh, fun team that has an abundance of healthy energy and a smile with every smoothie.
- Assist with day-to-day restaurant operations, including making smoothies, Smoothie Bowls, Food, Prep & Cleaning
- Provide outstanding customer service to all individuals visiting our restaurant
- Assist with keeping restaurant clean and disinfected, maintaining its appearance at the highest level
Squad Members are responsible for making quality menu items, following specific recipe requirements, as well as providing an overall excellent Smoothie Squad experience to our customers.
- Consistency is key. This is accomplished through following all recipes and measuring requirements using equipment provided (i.e. measuring spoons, cups, bowls, etc.).
- Smoothie Squad is known for its excellent customer service. Our good reputation in the community must be maintained. This can be accomplished by greeting customers with a positive disposition and a sense of urgency in completing their order. Be friendly and accommodating by welcoming customers in, helping them make choices and suggesting appropriate products, accurately entering orders into the system, and completing orders to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Technological Proficiency is important as squad members are responsible for operating a cash register, Point of Sale (POS) system, and delivery service platforms. Policies regarding the handling of cash and credit card transactions are to be strictly followed. Attention to detail is needed to ensure customer’s pay the correct amount and receive accurate change, so that the cash drawer correlates with the receipts at the end of the day/shift.
- Food Preparation and Menu items must be prepared following all federal, state, and local health and food safety requirements.
- Food Preparation duties include sorting, chopping, washing, storing, and labeling food items. This may include operating slicing and cutting equipment, blenders, food processors, etc.
- Cleaning and disinfecting are a large part of the job. This includes cleaning and sanitizing kitchen equipment, such as blenders, knives, dishes, etc. Cleaning and disinfecting counters, tables, chairs, windows, doorknobs, customer facing kiosks, menus, etc. Cleaning and disinfecting workstations frequently to avoid cross contamination. Cleaning and Sanitizing all bathrooms frequently. Follow all federal, state and local requirements when using and disposing of cleaning and disinfection chemicals.
- Excellent hygiene and a professional appearance are expected. This includes being well-groomed, keeping work clothes clean, wearing a hairnet, washing hands frequently, wearing gloves and a face covering, and following all federal, state, and local requirements regarding jewelry, hair, nails, etc.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
- Good Communication and Customer Service Skills
- Technological Proficiency
- Excellent Money Management Skills
- Able to work in fast-paced, high-stress, customer-oriented environment
- Must be reasonably physically fit because this role may require standing for long periods of time, as well as lifting heavy objects (up to 25lbs).
- Must be of legal working age or possess a valid work permit.
- Valid Food Handler Certification
- Ability to identify counterfeit currency
The role of squad member has many job requirements and all of them will center around serving people. Being proactive, dependable, trustworthy, able to work well with a team, having a good attitude, able to take initiative and having the desire to do excellent work will make your time here fulfilling and meaningful.